Getting Centered Spiritually
I have been praying and thinking about an idea for awhile and I believe now is the time to pursue it. Thanks to your investment in my continuing education, I am now a Professional Certified Coach (PCC) with the International Coaching Federation (ICF). This credential allows me to coach in many different arenas, but I want to make it a more intentional part of our church’s ministry.
In the middle of this global pandemic there is so much taking up “bandwidth” in our minds, hearts, and spirits. Thanks be to God that there are many resources out there to help people cope with the pandemic emotionally, psychologically, and physically. Hopefully, you have been able to see a doctor, counselor, therapist, or other healthcare professional when a need has arisen. With that in mind, as a pastor and professional coach, I want to be a resource for you as well.
Every year, most of us see our doctor for a physical…have you ever thought to see your pastor for a “spiritual?” The basic idea is to have a simple check-in conversation with someone who feels called to listen and to be a resource to you. Could we make it a part of a yearly routine (as an individual/couple/family)? Whatever you decide, please know that I am available to you and glad to be a part of your spiritual journey!
What would a “Getting Centered” Session be like with Pastor Chad?
- CONFIDENTIALITY: All parts of the conversation will be confidential. The only exception is if there is a danger to yourself or others.
- COACHING: In the session, I will use the coaching method which invites you to direct and focus the conversation to what is most meaningful to you. I will not have an agenda or plan for the meeting. My role will be to listen, walk beside you, and be of assistance to you as you discover what next steps you would like to take as you grow in your faith.
- COME PREPARED: You will get more out of this if you complete the wheel (p.2) or have an area ready to focus on. Our session will be 1-hour long (at most) and we want to make the most of our time. If “the wheel” is unhelpful to you, no problem. Just come ready with a topic to discuss.
- GOAL: The goal will be to come out knowing yourself a little bit better and having a few goals/steps to be more balanced and spiritually grounded. This isn’t a “fix it” meeting, but a catalyst to be intentional about moving forward.
- COST: For every congregation member the cost for a session is FREE. If you would like to do a voluntary renumeration or make an offering to Kid’s Weekend Meals, you are welcome to do that. Due to keeping up with my routine demands, if you would like to meet on regular basis (monthly or quarterly), we will make a separate arrangement.
- METHOD: During COVID-19, we can meet over Google Meeting, phone, or outdoor, distanced, masked walk
- WHO?: This can be for individuals, couples, or family unit
- HOW LONG?: Sessions take around 1-hour
- SCHEDULING: Schedule via this link –
https://calendly.com/revchaddelaney/meeting or email Pastor Chad.
Below is a document that I hope will lead you through an exercise to reflect on your life and faith. I will trust that it can be helpful to you no matter what, but I do want to extend an invitation to have a conversation about it.
I would LOVE to meet with you via walk on the trail or video call!
Please take a look at the document and consider setting some time aside to meet with me. There’s lots of info in the document, but feel free to reach out to me if you have any questions, suggestions, or concerns.
God’s peace and blessings be with you on your journey!