This is the Day that the Lord has Made! Let us Rejoice!
Welcome to the Mantua Center Christian Church
- We are a community seeking to have open minds, open hearts, and open arms, building community in a fragmented world.
- Welcome whether You are here at church or worshiping with us online. Today, even though I am preaching, I will be an online worshipper with you all! Thank you for your patience as I fight a round of the flu.
- Pastor Chad will be back in the building this coming week! Wish him a wonderful and restful week of vacation before he joins us back in the building.
- In worship today, we will be talking about what it means to be radically kind. As I am not in worship with you physically, I invite you to close your eyes and find one word or phrase that really sticks out for you this week. Then, if you’re interested, bring it to the after church fellowship time over on the other lawn!
- Last but not least, don’t forget that next week, we will be back in the building together for the very first time! While the occasion is by itself special, we are especially thankful for all of the teams who made the day even more special. We will be so excited to have you in the house next week.
- As we prepare for worship, let’s listen to our scripture reading by
Opening Scripture: Micah 6:6-8 Steve Hurd
*Response - Weave
*Call to Worship (live) - Katie Baird
ONE: What does the Lord require of you?
ALL: To do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with our God.
ONE: What does God command of us?
ALL: To love God with all our heart, and all our soul, and all our mind, and all our strength, and to love our neighbor as ourselves.
ONE: Let us worship the God who believes in us, and trusts in us, and abides with us.
ALL: Let us worship the One who asks of us and will be beside us every step of the way.
~ written by Eliza Buchakjian-Tweedy
*Song of Praise: (recorded) He Leadeth Me
1 He leadeth me: O blessed thought!
O words with heavenly comfort fraught!
Whate'er I do, where'er I be,
still 'tis God's hand that leadeth me.
He leadeth me, he leadeth me,
by his own hand he leadeth me;
his faithful follower I would be,
for by his hand he leadeth me.
2 Lord, I would place my hand in thine,
nor ever murmur nor repine;
content, whatever lot I see,
since 'tis thy hand that leadeth me. [Refrain]
3 And when my task on earth is done,
when by thy grace the victory's won,
e'en death's cold wave I will not flee,
since God thro' Jordan leadeth me. [Refrain]
Children’s Moment (live) - Ally Bozeka!
Pastoral Prayer (live) - Katie Baird
Scripture Reading Titus 3:1-8
Remind the people to be subject to rulers and authorities, to be obedient, to be ready to do whatever is good, to slander no one, to be peaceable and considerate, and always to be gentle toward everyone.
At one time we too were foolish, disobedient, deceived and enslaved by all kinds of passions and pleasures. We lived in malice and envy, being hated and hating one another. But when the kindness and love of God our Savior appeared, he saved us, not because of righteous things we had done, but because of his mercy. He saved us through the washing of rebirth and renewal by the Holy Spirit, whom he poured out on us generously through Jesus Christ our Savior, so that, having been justified by his grace, we might become heirs having the hope of eternal life. This is a trustworthy saying. And I want you to stress these things, so that those who have trusted in God may be careful to devote themselves to doing what is good. These things are excellent and profitable for everyone.
Sermon Radical Kindness Sarah Smith
Meditation (live) - MaryEllen
Communion Hymn - Let us Break Bread Together
1 Let us break bread together on our knees; (on our knees)
let us break bread together on our knees. (on our knees)
When I fall on my knees,
with my face to the rising sun,
O Lord, have mercy on me. (on me)
2 Let us drink wine together on our knees; (on our knees)
let us drink wine together on our knees. (on our knees) [Refrain]
3 Let us praise God together on our knees; (on our knees)
let us praise God together on our knees. (on our knees) [Refrain]
Prayer & Lord’s Prayer (live) - MaryEllen
Words of Institution (live) - Sarah Smith
Closing Hymn (recorded) Love Divine, All Loves Excelling
1 Love divine, all loves excelling,
joy of heaven, to earth come down,
fix in us thy humble dwelling,
all thy faithful mercies crown;
Jesus, thou art all compassion,
pure, unbounded love thou art;
visit us with thy salvation,
enter every trembling heart.
2 Breathe, O breathe thy loving Spirit
into every troubled breast;
let us all in thee inherit,
let us find the promised rest;
take away the love of sinning,
alpha and omega be;
end of faith, as its beginning,
set our hearts at liberty.
3 Finish then thy new creation,
pure and spotless let us be;
let us see thy great salvation
perfectly restored in thee;
changed from glory into glory,
till in heaven we take our place,
till we cast our crowns before thee,
lost in wonder, love, and praise.
*Benediction (live) - Katie Baird
'Lead On, O King Eternal arr. by Robert W. Thygerson [based on Lancanshire by Henry T. Smith]' Song played by Jan Green