Update for MCCC Outdoor Worship Sunday, May 9th
What a BLESSING it was to be together outside last Sunday. Admittedly, it was overwhelming to see people there and to have that time to worship and sing together. It was just so good for the soul! Keep spreading the word so that we those in the congregation –who haven’t been as plugged in–know what’s happening. This Sunday we will talk about the roots of God’s love and also recognize the gift of motherhood on Mother’s Day.
At the House
Remember that rain or shine we will be together at the house. The worship team will make a determination Sunday morning if we can have the tech equipment outside without risk of rain. If so, we’ll be in the same formation as last week. If we do think it might rain, we’ll move over to the windows.
Also remember that every week we will be streaming live on YouTube. Going forward the link will go live on our YouTube channel at around 9:25 for the countdown. We very much value EVERYONE who is worshipping online too and glad you’ve found this way to participate. I think we had over 15-20 people online last week!
Review MCCC worship guide below
Please revisit the copy of last week’s email below as a reminder for what we are asking of you as you participate. Thank you all so much for your cooperation!
Please let me know if you would like to visit with me or have conversation. I am meeting in-person with fully vaccinated people and can arrange for others as well. Please know that I am available to you for pastoral care and conversation as needed.
Blessings to you this week and hope to see you Sunday!
Outdoor Worship Details
- Worship Space: Everyone will be welcome to worship in the space most comfortable for them. Come sit outside (bring your own chair) on the lawn, stay in your car to listen on your car radio (105.5 FM), or remain at home for online streaming.
- Masks and Distancing Required: At this point, whether or not you are vaccinated, we are asking EVERYONE to be masked and to keep physical distancing. I am very aware of some of the new and encouraging news about relaxing some of these guidelines, but we want to continue these, for now, to protect all unvaccinated people and also those who are still adjusting to social spaces and crowds. We would really appreciate your cooperation and know that we will make adjustments as we go.
- Offering: At this point we will not be passing the plates for offering during the service. Of course, many of us have started giving online and you are welcome to continue doing so. On Sundays we will have a basket by the pine tree in the front yard for you to give an offering on your way in or out as you feel led.
- Communion: We will be providing bread and juice cups in disposable packaging. If you would like to bring your own communion to help us conserve those, you are welcome to do so!
- Singing: Since we will be worshiping outdoors and wearing masks — we can sing together!
- Children’s Moment: The service will include a Children’s Moment, but for now we ask children to stay with their “pods” and listen from there. There will not be Sunday School during the service but you are more than welcome to let the kids remain as part of the service or let them play as needed. The kids are always an active and welcome part of our worshipping community.
- Restrooms: We will have a single restroom available to be used on Sunday morning, the nursery restroom located at the northmost entrance closest to the town hall. One person at a time in the building, please, and sanitize the space on your way out.
- Live Video Privacy – Everyone should be aware that from now on we will stream the service live, online. If you or your children would prefer not to be photographed, please stay behind the camera tripod. This won’t be difficult to do, but want to make sure everyone is aware of it!
- Parking – The best way to pull in to worship will be to go to the southmost entrance by the ballfields. After entering there, the greeters/parkers will direct you up toward the building for FM transmitter parking OR to park there and walk up for outside sitting. If you would prefer to remain in your car for FM transmitter we will have you park around the lawn area and turn your motor off. The speakers will be quite loud for those outside, but you may still prefer to listen via FM transmitter. If you want to keep your motor running, you will back up against the cemetery fence or township square. Don’t fret! The greeters and parkers will help you find the best spot!
- I know that is a lot of information, but we want to give everyone an idea of what is happening and what our expectations are. We are so grateful we have this option (due to the hard work of the Worship and Stream Teams) and we are REALLY looking forward to it.