MCCC Weekly Update – July 5, 2021
Good Evening to all!
Please forgive me for getting our weekly calendar to you a day late. My days got mixed up and I thought today was Monday! I will hopefully be back on track next week! Please note in the calendar that we have Mantua’s Art on the Hill this Saturday, July 10th. It had to be cancelled last year due to Covid, but they are all set to go for Saturday. Hope to see some of you down on E. Prospect Street.
Also, as we go forward through the summer, we will continue to offer 3 ways you can worship each Sunday. (Inside the Church, Outside on the lawn, and via YouTube). We really are so fortunate that we have talented people in our midst who are able to provide so many blessings. Don’t forget to offer your thanks to them when you see them!
Chad & Sarah are both at Chi-Rho Camp this week but will be “back in the house” this Sunday. If you have any pastoral needs, please contact one of our Elder Co-Chairs listed below:
Katie Baird at email@example.com
Liz Meeker at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Wishing you all many blessings!
~ What’s Happening This Week?
Mon 7/5: none
Tue 7/6: No Life Studies during the summer
Wed 7/7: KWM Packing 12pm
Thu 7/8: KWM Delivering 11am
Fri 7/9: none
Sat 7/10: Mantua’s Art on the Hill! (see below)
Sun 7/11 9:30am Worship in the Sanctuary, On the Lawn, and/or on YouTube Live
~ Worship Options
We are SO BLESSED that we can offer three options to gather together for worship on Sunday. You may choose:
- inside the church,
- outside on the lawn (listen),
- YouTube live
Whichever way you decide to worship, we wish you a very blessed and meaningful service.
If you have any questions, please contact Jon Secaur, Gathering Team Chair, at: email@example.com
~ 4C’s NEEDS for July 25th (click for more…)
The items needed for this month are:
- Tuna Helper
- Sloppy Joe Sauce
- Black Tea
- Laundry Detergent
If you are able, please consider helping us feed our community in need by adding what you can of these items to your monthly shopping list. No donation is too small! ONE item, combined with others, feeds MANY!
The 4C’s drive-thru distribution hours are Mondays 4-6pm, and Wednesdays & Fridays 1- 3pm.
Volunteers are needed.
Call 330-274-3310 if you can help!
Monetary donations may be sent to:
The 4C’s, P.O. Box 227, Mantua, OH 44255
~ Loaves & Fishes FREE Community Meal to Resume (click for more…)
Plans are in the works to resume our MCCC Loaves & Fishes FREE community meal on Thursday, July 29th from 5-6:30pm. The dinner will be held in the Fellowship Hall.
Please know that modifications will be made to help ensure the safety of all. The menu will be:
- Sloppy Joes
- Macaroni Salad
- Jello Salad
- Dessert of Brownies
- Drinks: Lemonade, Water, Coffee
If you have any questions, please contact Carolin Newell at (330) 606-7125.
This is a FREE community meal. Donations are accepted.
~ SMILE Team Update (click for more…)
The Smile Team is holding a Bake Sale, held on the “Green”
in conjunction with the Mantua Historical Society Flea Market on
Saturday, July 17th from 9:30a-1:30p.
This event will help us raise money to continue with other “Smile Team” projects through the end of the year (& maybe beyond!). If you can help provide baked goods please contact Becky Tipton at (216) 870-7039. If you can’t bake, we hope you will stop by and pick up some dessert for you, your family, or a friend!
If you would like to make a monetary donation, it can be done online at www.mantuacentercc.org. Click on the “Give Online” button and be sure to specify it is for the Smile Team. Thanks so much for all your support!
~ Volunteers Needed for Children’s Moment (click for more…)
Ally (Hurd) Bozeka is in need of a handful of volunteers to do the Children’s Moment during church on August 1. If you are interested, please reach out to Ally at 330-802-0099 or firstname.lastname@example.org
~ Note from the Secretary (click for more…)
If any of you know of MCCC events or community events that should be publicized in our weekly newsletter, please send the information to me by Saturday evening at email@example.com.
Thanks to all for your help!
~ Back by Popular Demand (click for more…)
Friday, July 16th from 6-8pm will mark the return of “Skips Music Jam” in the Fellowship Hall. Feel free to bring your fiddles, guitars, banjos, mandolins, flutes, dulcimers, etc and join in the fun!
Any questions? Contact Skip Schweitzer at 330-562-9801.
~ Community Events (click for more…)
- Mantua’s Art on the Hill & Wine Tasting Too is back from 2020’s Covid Hiatus! Mark your calendar and join everyone for July 10th from 10am-6pm on E. Prospect St. in Mantua Village. It’s a great time with artisans, wine tasting, photo contest, food, and more! This event is sponsored by the Downtown Mantua Revitalization Corporation. For more information check out www.revitalizemantua.org.
- The Mantua Historical Society Flea Market will be held Saturday, July 17th on the Mantua Center Green. (Located at Rt. 82 and Mantua Center Rd.) It will run from 9:30am-1:30pm. The Smile Team will also be hosting a Bake Sale fund raiser to help continue their church, school, and community efforts. Hope you can stop by and support both these events! Check out the items for sale . . . and purchase some baked goods for dessert at home!
- St. Joseph’s 57th Ox Roast Fair is July 16-18! This is a huge event that draws crowds from all around the area and beyond. For more information go to https://stjosephmantua.com/ox-roast-fair. It’s a great time for ALL the family!